Tri -State Quilt Competition
The Quilt Fest of New Jersey X
March 6-9, 2014
Garden State Exhibit Center
Somerset, New Jersey
A Juried & Judged Competition
Over $7,000 in Awards & Prizes
Above and Beyond Creative Sewing Center
ABM International / Innova
American Sewing & Vacuum Center: Baby Lock / Janome
Coats & Clark
Olde City Quilts: Bernina
Pocono Sew & Vac: Brother International / Elna
Tri-State Quilt Competition
New Jersey, New York & Pennsylvania
Best of Show – $2,000 Award
Second Place $1,000
Third Place $750
2 Honorable Mentions-Ribbons
Best of New Jersey Award: $650
Best Hand Workmanship: $350
Best Machine Workmanship: $350
Best Pictorial Quilt: $350
Best Use of Color: $350
Best Use of Embellishments: $350
Best Innovative Style Quilt: $350
Best Traditional Style Quilt: $350
Viewer’s Choice: $250
Judge’s Choice Ribbons
QUILT COMPETITION RULES
1. The Tri-State Competition is open to residents of New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania only. Quilt must be the work of the person or group applying to the competition. Limit of 2 entries per person or group. Family members/permanent employees of show management or sponsors are not eligible. Quilt must be constructed and quilted by person(s) named on entry blank.
2. Entry must be quilted either by hand or machine. No kits or tied quilts. Quilts must be greater than or equal to 1296 square inches.
3. Quilts winning cash or sewing machines at Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, Denver National Quilt Festival, World Quilt Show, Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza or Pacific International Quilt Festival are not eligible to be judged. Quilts entered into the 2014 Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival competition are not eligible for entry to this competition.
4. Entry must have been finished in 2012, 2013 or 2014 and be in excellent condition.
5. Entry must have a 4” sleeve casing for hanging as well as a cloth label with the name, address and telephone number of the maker securely sewn to the back.
6. Ship the entry in a secure carton. Place the quilt in a sturdy plastic bag. DO NOT use Styrofoam or cellulose “peanuts.” Cost of return shipping and insurance in return transit will be the responsibility of The Quilt Fest of New Jersey. Original carton will be used to return the item via UPS or other QFNJ designated carrier. Please remove all old shipping labels from the carton prior to shipping.
7. Accepted quilts must be available for display at The Quilt Fest of New Jersey, March 6-9, 2014 at the Garden State Exhibit Center, Somerset, NJ.
8. If a quilt is to be hand-delivered to the festival and/or picked-up from the festival, show management must be notified before February 19, 2014 using the drop-off/pick-up form enclosed with competition acceptance letter.
9. If the quilt is to be returned shipped to an address other than the one listed on this form, show management must be notified of the change in writing prior to February 19, 2014.
10. If accepted, images submitted and photographs taken become the property of The Quilt Fest of New Jersey for publicity and/or publication use.
11. Prize winners will be notified within 10 business days. Viewer’s Choice will be announced on www.quiltfest.com following the close of the Festival.
12. The awarding of any prize makes the entry ineligible for any lesser prize. Viewer’s Choice is exempt from this rule.
13. Submitting your application signifies agreement with these conditions.
- Digital images must be saved as a high quality JPEG file (No TIFF files).
- Finished images should be 1800 pixels on the longest side.
- Please don’t use any special characters (e.g., " or ’) in your image file name. Recent changes to the firewall on the web server are causing these files to be rejected.
To preview the competition entry forms, click here.
Competition entry fees must be paid prior to submitting your entry form.
Registration has closed. No further registrations will be accepted at this time.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact
Mancuso Show Management at
If you have technical questions about the on-line system, please contact
Lisa Ellis at email@example.com.